CONTACT: Jorrian Whaley
(202) 463-2436, firstname.lastname@example.org
WASHINGTON - The American Forest & Paper Association has released its February 2016 Printing-Writing Paper Report.
According to the report released on March 23, 2016, total printing-writing paper shipments increased 1% in February compared to February 2015. Total printing-writing paper inventory was essentially unchanged from January levels.
- Uncoated free sheet (UFS) paper shipments increased 3% relative to shipments in February 2015, the first consecutive four month period of year-over-year increases since December 2009. UFS imports were down 22% year-over-year in January.
- February coated free sheet (CFS) paper shipments increased 2% compared to February 2015. Imports of CFS papers decreased 14% in January, the fifth consecutive year-over-year decrease.
- Uncoated mechanical (UM) paper shipments decreased 8% when compared with February 2015. Imports of UM papers were down 17% in January, the nineteenth consecutive monthly decline.
- Coated mechanical (CM) shipments in February were essentially unchanged relative to February 2015, down less than one-half of one percent. Imports of CM decreased 7% compared to the previous year.
The complete report with detailed tables, charts, and historical data can be purchased by contacting Caroline Nealon at Statistics_Publications@afandpa.org or 202-463-2448
# # #
The American Forest & Paper Association (AF&PA) serves to advance a sustainable U.S. pulp, paper, packaging, and wood products manufacturing industry through fact-based public policy and marketplace advocacy. AF&PA member companies make products essential for everyday life from renewable and recyclable resources and are committed to continuous improvement through the industry’s sustainability initiative - Better Practices, Better Planet 2020. The forest products industry accounts for approximately 4 percent of the total U.S. manufacturing GDP, manufactures over $200 billion in products annually, and employs approximately 900,000 men and women. The industry meets a payroll of approximately $50 billion annually and is among the top 10 manufacturing sector employers in 47 states. Visit AF&PA online at www.afandpa.org or follow us on Twitter @ForestandPaper.