CONTACT: Barbara Riley
(202) 463-2436, firstname.lastname@example.org
WASHINGTON - The American Forest & Paper Association has released its June 2017 Printing-Writing Paper Report.
According to the June 2017 Printing-Writing Monthly report from the American Forest & Paper Association, total printing-writing paper shipments decreased five percent in June compared to June 2016. All four printing-writing grades posted year-over-year shipment declines in June. Total printing-writing paper inventory levels increased one percent from May 2017.
- Shipments of coated free sheet (CFS) papers decreased 3% year-over-year in June following the increase last month. U.S. imports of CFS papers increased 25% year-over-year in May and exports of CFS papers increased 12% year-over-year in May.
- June uncoated free sheet (UFS) paper shipments declined 4% year-over-year. Imports of UFS decreased by 4% year-over-year in May while exports of UFS papers increased 23% year-over-year in May.
- Coated mechanical (CM) paper shipments declined 5% year-over-year in June, the fourth decline in 2017. Imports of CM decreased in May, down 12% compared to May 2016 while exports of CM increased 30% in May.
- Shipments of uncoated mechanical (UM) papers decreased 21% year-over-year in June. Both imports and exports of UM decreased year-over-year in May, down 12% and 46%, respectively.
The complete report with detailed tables, charts, and historical data can be purchased by contacting Kory Bockman at Statistics_Publications@afandpa.org or 202-463-4716.
# # #
The American Forest & Paper Association (AF&PA) serves to advance a sustainable U.S. pulp, paper, packaging, tissue and wood products manufacturing industry through fact-based public policy and marketplace advocacy. AF&PA member companies make products essential for everyday life from renewable and recyclable resources and are committed to continuous improvement through the industry’s sustainability initiative - Better Practices, Better Planet 2020. The forest products industry accounts for approximately 4 percent of the total U.S. manufacturing GDP, manufactures over $200 billion in products annually, and employs approximately 900,000 men and women. The industry meets a payroll of approximately $50 billion annually and is among the top 10 manufacturing sector employers in 45 states. Visit AF&PA online at www.afandpa.org or follow us on Twitter @ForestandPaper.