CONTACT: Barbara Riley
(202) 463-2436, firstname.lastname@example.org
WASHINGTON - The American Forest & Paper Association has released its March 2017 Printing-Writing Paper Report.
According to the report released on April 21, 2017, total printing-writing paper shipments decreased 9% in March compared to March 2016. Total printing-writing paper inventory levels were essentially flat from February 2017, down less than 1%.
- Uncoated free sheet (UFS) paper shipments decreased 7% year-over-year in March. UFS imports decreased 13% in February compared to February 2016, with exports decreasing 2% year-over-year in February.
- March coated free sheet (CFS) paper shipments decreased 6% compared to March 2016. Imports of CFS papers increased 9% year-over-year in February, and exports increased 2% in February relative to the previous year.
- Uncoated mechanical (UM) paper shipments decreased 26% in March compared to March 2016. Imports of UM decreased 11% in February, with exports of UM in February decreasing 45%.
- Coated mechanical (CM) shipments in March decreased 12% when compared to March 2016. Imports of CM increased 6% in February compared to February 2016, and exports were down 19% in February relative to the previous year.
The complete report with detailed tables, charts, and historical data can be purchased by contacting Caroline Nealon at Statistics_Publications@afandpa.org or 202-463-2448.
# # #
The American Forest & Paper Association (AF&PA) serves to advance a sustainable U.S. pulp, paper, packaging, tissue and wood products manufacturing industry through fact-based public policy and marketplace advocacy. AF&PA member companies make products essential for everyday life from renewable and recyclable resources and are committed to continuous improvement through the industry’s sustainability initiative - Better Practices, Better Planet 2020. The forest products industry accounts for approximately 4 percent of the total U.S. manufacturing GDP, manufactures over $200 billion in products annually, and employs approximately 900,000 men and women. The industry meets a payroll of approximately $50 billion annually and is among the top 10 manufacturing sector employers in 45 states. Visit AF&PA online at www.afandpa.org or follow us on Twitter @ForestandPaper.